WHEN WE FIRSTOPENEDSEED, a macrobiotic restaurant and bookstore in Notting Hill in West London it became one of the trendy spots of the late '60s, a hangout for the pop scene of the time and one of the only watering holes of the alternative society of the time.
When people weren't making jokes about 'brown rice and sandals', they would ask us how long we thought the fad would last and what we would do when the fashion for wholefood had passed. Instead, so many people became interested in healthy eating that we started producing the Whole Earth range of products.
The Whole Earth range has been dedicated ever since to the belief that a healthy, natural and organic diet is the foundation of preventive health for society and the environment. If food, the foundation of life, is out of balance, how can we possibly hope to get anything else right? For more information visit http://www.stylebuzzer.com.
In the relatively few years since Whole Earth was founded, people's understanding of truly good food has changed more than ever before. There is a growing awareness of the importance to the health of a:
- high fiber
- no added sugar
- low & non-hydrogenated fats
- organically grown & processed
- a diet based on unrefined, wholesome ingredients.
At Whole Earth, we take heart from this great transformation. We have never wavered from our founding principles; all Whole Earth products reflect the same integrity and commitment to quality that inspired our efforts right at the beginning. The wide range of Whole Earth products reflects the growing interest in healthy natural food and an organic way of living.
And the story continues…with the publication of the Whole Earth Cookbook. When Hilary Meth told us that her recipes always came out well when she used Whole Earth products as ingredients we were understandably pleased. Now, she has proved this with the publication of 170 mouthwatering recipes.
We hope this selection of recipes from her cookbook enhances your enjoyment of natural eating.
- Whole Earth is an independent business, committed to expanding awareness of healthy eating since 1967.
- We work to develop the market for affordable organic whole foods.
- We support and buy from over 2000 organic farmers worldwide, helping to save the planet.
- We research the real issues of sugar, fat, fiber and additives and apply our knowledge to our products.
- We strictly control all our ingredients to exclude genetically engineered or irradiated materials.
- We support environmental and fair trade charities to help them to achieve their goals.
- We seek to apply the highest ethical standards when dealing with co-workers, suppliers, and customers.